The fact that the vacuum cleaner is dirty is very easy to understand by changing the nature of the vacuum cleaner itself: the suction power of debris and dust is noticeably weakened. Therefore, in order to return the device to normal operation, you are urgently required to clean it. On how to clean the vacuum cleaner filter, what they are and what is the difference of cleaning, we’ll talk in this article.
Types of vacuum cleaners
All filters for the vacuum cleaner can be classified into the following categories:
- Water. The devices are located above the container with water. Dust, falling on such a filter, gets wet in water, then settles on the bottom of the container. These devices, in addition, are able to moisten the air.
- Cyclonic. These elements are equipped with special blocks, dust and dirt settle in them.
- Fine filters. Highly active filters made of fibrous material impregnated with chemical composition, notable for their high efficiency in dust absorption.
- Filters-bags that keep dust inside yourself. The most unpretentious option, capable (it depends on the material of manufacture) to be both reusable, and disposable. Disposable paper bags, reusable made of special synthetic fabric.
How to clean
The whole operation can be broken down into several simple steps.
- The main thing – before cleaning, disconnect the vacuum cleaner from the electric mains.
- Open the top cover of the device and pull out the filter from there.
- Rinse with water spray and then allow to dry.
- The dried filter is inserted back into the vacuum cleaner.
Nuances of cleaning of different types
The most universal method to clean any type of filter is the method of wet cleaning. It is only necessary to remove the filter from the vacuum cleaner and put it in a container with cold water. Dirt settles in the tank, the filter must be placed under the tap with water and rinsed thoroughly.
Disposable filter bags should be simply thrown away; reusable bags are emptied and placed back into the vacuum cleaner. If there is a desire to clean the emptied bag from the inside, then it can be washed by hand.
Cleaning cyclone filters has its own specificity: they need to be cleaned after each cleaning procedure. All the constituent elements – container, minifilter, filtration sponge – must be washed with special care.
Water filters, or aquafilters, are extremely easy to clean. The garbage collection device must be removed from the vacuum cleaner and disassembled. You get two parts – a container and a filter. They are washed separately, then dried and collected back.
Fine filters, for example HEPA filters, can be made from either thin paper or polymer. Paper filters can not stand a long operation, they can not be cleaned, after cleaning they must be blown with a stream of dry air, and it is better to just replace them regularly with new ones; polymer HEPA filters can be cleaned by washing, they are able to withstand multiple washes.
General tips for cleaning the dust collector
Cleaning the vacuum cleaner is an elementary process. Normal washing and washing are the main methods of cleaning.
- Vacuum cleaners and containers are recommended to be washed with cold water.
- Do not use hot water.
- Cleaning agents are undesirable.
- Paper HEPA filters are blown, but are subject to rapid replacement after several uses.
- Disposable filter bags are recommended to be thrown away after each cleaning (however, you can wait until the bag is filled with garbage and discarded later, but remember that a full bag causes the vacuum cleaner to break).
- Prefabricated filters must first be disassembled, then cleaned, washed and dried, and only then assembled.